[CL 3Q] Sporting CP - FC Twente

Here goes a very little preview of these 2 matches between Sporting and Twente. The winner will play the 4Q, the last step before reaching the group final stage of the Champions League. We hope Twente supporters also join us on this discussion. ;D

Twente isn’t exactly the most famous club in the Netherlands, but some foresee them as “the next big thing” in Dutch football. If you don’t know anything about FC Twente, here is a good start - all their goals in season 2007/08 and some goals in season 2008/09 (they seem to be quite dangerous in set pieces situations, taking good advantage of freekicks and crosses):

[youtube=425,350]FC Twente Goals 2007/2008 incl playoffs - YouTube

[youtube=425,350]- YouTube

Please feel free to add information about Twente or Sporting, tickets and travel and/or your analysis about the 2 coming matches.

Overall SCP matches-related info here.

[img width=400 height=44]http://www.sporting.pt/Imagens/45100.gif[/img] Competition: UEFA Champions League third qualifying round (First leg) Location: Estádio José Alvalade Date: 29-07-2009 Hour: 20h45 Local TV broadcast: [url]http://www.SportTV.pt[/url] Ticket Prices [font=courier] Associate Supporter BANCADA A Central Sunset 20[font=verdana]€[/font] 25[font=verdana]€[/font] Central Sunrise 20[font=verdana]€[/font] 25[font=verdana]€[/font] Lateral Sunset 15[font=verdana]€[/font] 20[font=verdana]€[/font] Lateral Sunrise 15[font=verdana]€[/font] 20[font=verdana]€[/font] Superior 10[font=verdana]€[/font] 15[font=verdana]€[/font] Young (7 to 17) / Senior 5[font=verdana]€[/font] 10[font=verdana]€[/font] BANCADA B Central Sunset 15[font=verdana]€[/font] 20[font=verdana]€[/font] Central Sunrise 15[font=verdana]€[/font] 20[font=verdana]€[/font] Lateral Sunset 10[font=verdana]€[/font] 15[font=verdana]€[/font] Lateral Sunrise 10[font=verdana]€[/font] 15[font=verdana]€[/font] Superior 5[font=verdana]€[/font] 10[font=verdana]€[/font] [/font]
[font=tahoma]I think the match will start at 19:45 instead of 20:45... (Portugal=GMT) Check the seats map [url=http://www.sporting.pt/Servicos/Bilhetes/diagrama_virtual.asp]here[/url].[/font]

It seems it will start at 20:45 GMT after all (21:45 in Holland). The second match however will debut at 19:45 GMT as usual (20:45 in Holland).

Source here (in Portuguese): [url]http://www.sporting.pt/Info/Futebol/Noticias/noticiasfutebol_futhorarioscptwente_230709_52346.asp[/url]

Sporting wishes to inform that the first leg of the Champions League 3rd qualifying round match against FC Twente is to be held at Estádio José Alvalade on Wednesday the 29th of July, at 8:45pm.

The second leg will be held in Holland on the 4th of August, at 7:45pm.

[url]http://www.sporting.pt/English/News/news_engfootballscptwentehorario_240709_52371.asp[/url]

Hello Sporting fans!

I’m a Dutch Twente fan looking forward to the 2 matches our teams will play. Ofcourse I hope Twente will win but then it still is almost impossible for a club like Twente to reach the Champions League. If we win against Sporting we will be paired to the likes of Arsenal and such…

I speak Portuguese because I had a Brazilian girlfriend many years ago but writing is something different. But I can understand if you guys speak in Portuguese to eachother :slight_smile:

If you want to know more about FC Twente you are welcome to ask.

Greetz O Tukker

(Tukker is how people from the region Twente are called)

Excuse me for writing in English but if I write in Portuguese you probably understand less of it :smiley:

The goalkeeper Boschker is 38 years old but by no means a liability to the team. Still one of the best Dutch goalkeepers. He keeps Mihaylov, Bulgarian international and loaned from Liverpool, on the bench.

Are you a Twente supporter?

My friend, I admit I am wrong about Boschker. I remember very well the game against PSV (1-1), maybe one of the worst games of FC Twente last year. My wrong impression came from that game, which of course is not representative of Boschker’s performances.

Segundo sei, os Tukkers é um dos cognomes que usam para o Twente.

Yes, I am a Twente supporter, Tukker is indeed how we call the natives here :slight_smile:

Ofcourse Sporting is the big favorite for this game but Twente will definitely not be a walkover. Olympique Marseille needed penalties to progress to the next round last season after we beat them in France. Stade Rennes and Schalke 04 were also beaten by us.

But China Lion, Boschker does have his bad days but he can be unbeatable too sometimes.

Well Sanduixe, before talking about the “Quarta” you need to beat Twente first ;D

Quarta = Wednesday = day of Sporting vs Twente :rotfl:

Lol, Quarta means Wednesday, and Sporting is going to play against Twente on Wednesday… right? :smiley:

Citação de: O Tukker em Hoje, 15:37
Well Sanduixe, before talking about the “Quarta” you need to beat Twente first Grin

Lol, Quarta means Wednesday, and Sporting is going to play against Twente on Wednesday… right?

Haha, quarta feira :smiley: I thought you meant the fourth round :smiley:

My Portuguese is getting worse :slight_smile:

Posso falar um pouco Portugues porque tinha uma namorada Brasileira mas es muitos anos passado. E falar es muitas vezes mais facil que escrever e leer :smiley:

Bem vindo ao nosso fórum “O Tukker”.

Obrigado Tclaro92

Your stadium looks great.

O nosso estádio é muito grande.

Quanto à casa para receber o Twente, encontrei isto que vai dizer mais ou menos a mesma coisa que o “sanduixe” disse:

Boa casa para abrir temporada

Perspectiva-se um Estádio José Alvalade no mínimo bem preenchido para acolher a turma do Sporting no primeiro jogo da época 2009/10. O duelo da próxima quarta-feira, diante dos holandeses do Twente, vem suscitando grande interesse por parte dos associados e adeptos do emblema verde e branco, pelo que existem razões para prever um recinto com moldura humana à altura de uma partida que implica um primeiro passo na luta pela ida do Sporting à Champions League pela quarta vez consecutiva, sexta na história do clube.

Até ao momento, foram vendidos 28 200 ingressos para o encontro da primeira mão da 3ª pré-eliminatória de acesso à liga milionária. Desta soma, acresce referir que cerca de 20 mil bilhetes são relativos aos bilhetes anuais comercializados pelos leões - a Gamebox, produto para o qual está em marcha uma vasta campanha de divulgação. A julgar pelos últimos indicadores, os sportinguistas prometem responder à (primeira) chamada.

É bom ver que nós Sportinguistas, apesar dos últimos jogos não serem nada favoráveis apesar de serem só de pré-época, é bom ver que acreditamos no Sporting.

Força Sporting, quarta-feira quero dormir descansado. ;D

Antes de mais, boa sorte para Quarta-Feira Tukker, apesar de esperar claro que a vitória seja do Sporting :lol: É sempre bom ver até mesmo pessoal estrangeiro aqui.

Confio que o Sporting dará uma resposta positiva esta 4ª feira. :great: Espero ver o Caicedo jogar um pouco e espero, claro, que avancemos para o Playoff. Vukcevic e Polga deverão ser baixas para este jogo. ^-^

Boa sorte tambem!

I think Sporting might be in for a little surprise :beer:

Are any of you guys coming to the match in Enschede?