About Zakaria Labyad transfer from PSV to Sporting

So two new facts:
- there was a notification letter before May 15th (when PSV said there wasn't)
- PSV didn't complained to FIFA (when they said they did)

To me this indicates PSV has been bluffing all along.

I don't know if legally Sporting has to pay anything to PSV, but it would be fair to pay the formation rights, so an agreement between both clubs seems reasonable.
« Última modificação: Julho 11, 2012, 11:38 am por DF »
So two new facts:
- there was a notification before May 15th (when PSV said there wasn't)

I don't know if legally Sporting has to pay anything to PSV, but it would be fair to pay the formation rights, so an agreement between both clubs seems reasonable.

That is definately not a fact! It could easily be another one of Labyad's many lies.

As for your second fact; that's true, but they can still do that if the outcome of meeting with the Sporting directors isn't satisfactory. PSV didn't say they won't go to the FIFA at all, only that they prefer to solve this without them.
Yes, Brands is our director of football. This was in the Dutch media as well and if this is true then this case is closed and Labyad is eligible to play for Sporting. But the same day, there was also a message from Brands in the Dutch press and he said PSV aren't planning to present this case to the FIFA but hope to come to an agreement about a transfer fee with Sporting as soon as possible. So apparently, PSV are still convinced that Labyad's contract is valid. After this, there hasn't been any news, so I guess we just have to wait again. I'm not sure how much PSV want for Labyad, but given the situation (PSV don't want him back, only one year remaining on his contract), it can't be much. In Dutch media it was mentioned that Benfica also made an offer for him. I can't remember how much this was exactly, but it was around 5 or 6 million euros. Now, PSV might settle for somewhere between 2 and 3 million, but this is just my guess.

This surely sheds some light on this matter. PSV won't present the case to FIFA because they know it won't stand a chance according to FIFA rules.

So it's up to PSV to present it to the dutch court of law and hope that they acknowledge PSV rights (which will be fun to watch, as it seems PSV received a letter from the player's agent 6 months prior to the end of contract and PSV still waited for the 15th of May to demand the automatic extension... even if this letter never existed, it will be interesting to see a national court ruling against FIFA... let me get my popcorn ;D).
« Última modificação: Julho 11, 2012, 11:56 am por Paracelsus »
Maybe PSV is trying to settle with Sporting before presenting it to FIFA...
So two new facts:
- there was a notification before May 15th (when PSV said there wasn't)

That is definately not a fact! It could easily be another one of Labyad's many lies.

As for your second fact; that's true, but they can still do that if the outcome of meeting with the Sporting directors isn't satisfactory. PSV didn't say they won't go to the FIFA at all, only that they prefer to solve this without them.

Ok, not yet a fact then.

(Although I find it hard to believe that Labyad's lawyer could lie about something that can be so easily proved. If the letter exists, it will be easy to prove that it was delivered.)

Hey @PSV, welcome to the forum (late I know).

We've got a fine selection of players you can take from us as compensation for all this grief, all fine players that will take PSV to glory, please take these into consideration so we can come to an agreement:

Pongolle - Fast and incisive Striker
Bojinov - Such an amazing career so far, you can't go wrong with him
Luís Aguiar - Dynamo box-to-box midfielder capable of playing in all positions (DM, CM, AM) with an amazing tactical discipline.
Evaldo - Amazing left-back with pace and strength, scores loads of goals
Leandro Grimi - Left-back with a strong left foot, capable of crossing from over 70M away from the box
Rodriguez - Robust and intelligent centre back

You can chose any... Or take them all, to be honest, I think it would be fair
 :angel:

We've got a fine selection of players you can take from us as compensation for all this grief, all fine players that will take PSV to glory, please take these into consideration so we can come to an agreement:

Luís Aguiar - Dynamo box-to-box midfielder capable of playing in all positions (DM, CM, AM) with an amazing tactical discipline.
Leandro Grimi - Left-back with a strong left foot, capable of crossing from over 70M away from the box

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ok, not yet a fact then.

(Although I find it hard to believe that Labyad's lawyer could lie about something that can be so easily proved. If the letter exists, it will be easy to prove that it was delivered.)

True, it is very easy to prove and that's why I tend to believe PSV's side of the story. I mean: it's so easy to prove, so why haven't they? Just show the receipt and this is all over. They've had the time to do that since May 16th, the day that Mr. Brands announced that Labyad forgot to do this. So, again: why haven't they?

Haha. I heard that Labyad's father used to be a garbage collector (this is true), maybe he can arrange something for you. ;)

But, there actually has been talk that PSV would like to trade Santiago Arias to settle this matter since we really need a right back. Is he just as good as the amazing players you listed above? ;)
Ok, not yet a fact then.

True, it is very easy to prove and that's why I tend to believe PSV's side of the story. I mean: it's so easy to prove, so why haven't they? Just show the receipt and this is all over. They've had the time to do that since May 16th, the day that Mr. Brands announced that Labyad forgot to do this. So, again: why haven't they?

Haha. I heard that Labyad's father used to be a garbage collector (this is true), maybe he can arrange something for you. ;)

But, there actually has been talk that PSV would like to trade Santiago Arias to settle this matter since we really need a right back. Is he just as good as the amazing players you listed above? ;)

Don't go with that one. Arias sucks! Big time... :mrgreen:

If you want a right back, Pereirinha is the name!
Eu sou responsável pelo que escrevo, não pelo que os outros entendem!

Nunca discutas com um idiota. Ele arrasta-te até ao nível dele, e depois vence-te em experiência.

You would be better off with a traffic signal  :shifty:

Pereirinha however, solid full back, and can even play in the midfield or as a winger  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: Precisamente Psilva

@PSV: meet Delatio, our own private marrocan dealer, came directly form Marrakech (I think he's Labyad's cousin or so...)
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." - Barry LePatner
Ok, not yet a fact then.

Don't go with that one. Arias sucks! Big time... :mrgreen:

If you want a right back, Pereirinha is the name!

That's it: don't say you heard it from me, but Pereirinha is Sporting's secret weapon. So secret he's rarely seen in the pitch...
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." - Barry LePatner
@PSV: meet Delatio, our own private marrocan dealer, came directly form Marrakech (I think he's Labyad's cousin or so...)
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Já me descobriste a careca  :lol:
Haha, you're all so very helpful, recommending your very best players and even a secret weapon! Thanks for that, I'll pass the list on to Marcel Brands! :great:

If you ever need a replacement for secret weapon Pereirinha, you should go for Manolev! He's also a player who can play as a right back, right midfielder or winger. He mostly plays as right back and has a very offensive mentality. He rushes forward all the time, seems to never get tired and gives around 50 crosses every match!

[youtube=650,535]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0K9IgTY2uk&feature=related[/youtube]

Besides that, he can also make you laugh!

[youtube=650,535]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLfxp9S82MU[/youtube]
Swapping Arias for Labyad?

:lol:

You guys are funny  :rotfl:
I don't think PSV mentioned this themselves, what I linked was just an article in a Dutch paper. Why is it so funny?
I don't think PSV mentioned this themselves, what I linked was just an article in a Dutch paper. Why is it so funny?

Its funny cause you dont get a chance, not in a million ;)
Hehe, ok then. :mrgreen:

I don't really know him, is he a very promising player then or what is the reason?
Hehe, ok then. :mrgreen:

I don't really know him, is he a very promising player then or what is the reason?

Yes, he is regarded as a very promising player. We have signed him the previous season when we already had 3 players for the position in the first squad (plus one other player coming from the youth squad, which we decided to loan).
And another article about Labyad in a Dutch paper. I'll post it here, but I'm not sure if the Dutch to Portugese translation from an online translator is helpful, because I noticed that Portugese to Dutch never makes any sense. ;) If you need any help translating, let me know!

The part in bold is a quote from Labyad and he says that PSV and Sporting are in transfer talks and he expects them to come to an agreement soon.

This again implies that PSV are right about Labyad still having a contract and that Labyad and Sporting acknowledge this. Else, Labyad/Sporting could just give PSV the finger and move on, there would definately be no need for talking.

Santiago Arias, welcome to PSV! ;)

vr 13 jul 2012, 05:41
’Labyad mentaal ontzettend sterk’

Van onze sportcorrespondent
HOENDERLOO -  Zakaria Labyad maakt zich er niet druk om. "Eerst Londen, dan Lissabon”, zegt hij zelfverzekerd. De aanvaller – afgelopen seizoen spelend voor PSV – verwacht geen moeilijkheden meer rond zijn overgang naar Sporting Lissabon.

Voordat Labyad naar de Portugese hoofdstad vertrekt, zal hij eerst met de Marokkaanse ploeg van bondscoach Pim Verbeek – momenteel ter voorbereiding verblijvend in Hoenderloo – deelnemen aan de Olympische Spelen in Londen. Dit na een hectische periode waarin hij als speler van PSV verwikkeld raakte in een transfersoap. Labyad maakte kenbaar dat hij gratis naar Sporting Lissabon zou vertrekken, maar technisch directeur Marcel Brands bestreed die transfervrije status.
Mentaal sterk
"PSV en Sporting Lissabon zijn in gesprek en ik verwacht dat het goed gaat komen”, zegt een relaxt ogende Labyad. Ook Verbeek is er rustig onder. "Zakaria is mentaal ontzettend sterk. Dat heeft hij bewezen door gewoon goed te blijven spelen ondanks alle kritiek”, aldus de coach.
Labyad: "Ik kijk uit naar mijn eerste wedstrijd voor Sporting Lissabon. Het niveau in Portugal is vele malen hoger dan in Nederland. Mijn keuze is een sportieve geweest. Ik had bij een andere club twee keer zoveel kunnen verdienen, maar dat heb ik geweigerd. Vanuit Portugal is de stap naar een absolute topclub maken namelijk veel makkelijker”, aldus Labyad, die in Londen met Marokko in een groep met Spanje, Honduras en Japan is ingedeeld.
Broertje Labyad
"Ik focus me nu op de Spelen en daarna ga ik naar Portugal. Het enige dat ik nog over PSV wil zeggen, is dat ze mijn broertje niet hadden moeten wegsturen. Dat had denk ik met mijn situatie te maken. Vervelend, want hij was een van de betere jeugdspelers.”