Sporting fans living in England

Is there anyone out there? I know a few Sporting fans but I don't think they post on this forum. It would be good if there was another Sportinguista living in the UK!
Desculpe... mas nao falo bem bem bem portugues. Please dont laugh... @Marcello_N. Análise do Sporting: www.ahundredpercentlion.wordpress.com
Well I've studied in England, but that doesn't really count.  :D
Is there anyone out there? I know a few Sporting fans but I don't think they post on this forum. It would be good if there was another Sportinguista living in the UK!

I do have a friend who lives in London!

He is living/working near the Chelsea Stadium and he is a great Sporting fan.

I'll trie to tell him to come here!

SL
Sei que é "feio" um homem chorar, mas ontem chorei, de orgulho e de alegria por trazer no coração o amor ao Sporting Clube de Portugal! - AJG - 01JUN2015
Really? If his name starts with a P then I know him because I work at the Chelsea Stadium too!
Desculpe... mas nao falo bem bem bem portugues. Please dont laugh... @Marcello_N. Análise do Sporting: www.ahundredpercentlion.wordpress.com
Really? If his name starts with a P then I know him because I work at the Chelsea Stadium too!

Fulham Broadway. Great memories.... ;D

Fulham Broadway. Great memories.... ;D

Fulham...great place to live.  :beer: :beer:
Too posh for me, used to live in student house in Oxford.  :D
Well I´m studying in England, it is my second year of university and also in the country.
Estatutos: Artigo 3º 1 - O SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL É UMA UNIDADE INDIVISÍVEL CONSTÍTUIDA PELA TOTALIDADE DOS SEUS ASSOCIADOS.
«Não é o Sporting que se orgulha do nosso valor. Nós é que nos devemos sentir honrados por ter esta camisola vestida.» - Francisco Stromp
Well I´m studying in England, it is my second year of university and also in the country.

Which University?

Which University?

University of East Anglia, in Norwich. My father is living in the UK since 2007 and I chose to study in England instead of Portugal. Nonetheless I´m still trying to get used to the language it´s probably my biggest challenge.
Estatutos: Artigo 3º 1 - O SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL É UMA UNIDADE INDIVISÍVEL CONSTÍTUIDA PELA TOTALIDADE DOS SEUS ASSOCIADOS.

Which University?

University of East Anglia, in Norwich. My father is living in the UK since 2007 and I chose to study in England instead of Portugal. Nonetheless I´m still trying to get used to the language it´s probably my biggest challenge.
You seem to be coping quite well with it though.  :great:
« Última modificação: Setembro 14, 2012, 01:35 am por PdN »

Which University?

You seem to be coping quite well with it though.  :great:

I agree. Although, learning Portuguese in England is harder than learning English in England. It's a nightmare but I try.

Which University?

I agree. Although, learning Portuguese in England is harder than learning English in England. It's a nightmare but I try.
What do you mean? I don't get it, you're actually learning Portuguese in England?
Yes, I have never lived in Portugal, I go to Madeira every year where my family is but other than 1 month a year, nothing!

Which University?

Obviously I agree with you. It´s much easier to learn the language when we are surrounded by native speakers all over the place.

Do you have any regular contact with Portuguese language, besides this forum? Being in touch with the language is crucial to learn it and don´t forget it. I´m learning Japansese by myself so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language.

Which University?

Obviously I agree with you. It´s much easier to learn the language when we are surrounded by native speakers all over the place.

Do you have any regular contact with Portuguese language, besides this forum? Being in touch with the language is crucial to learn it and don´t forget it. I´m learning Japansese by myself so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language.

My parents speak in Portuguese, they have the Portuguese telly on but apart from not a lot! I only have one cousin and he lives in Braga and I don't even like him so not a lot of family!

I know that if I had exposure to the language and I stayed in Portugal for a year or two I would speak like a natural. It really annoys me that I can't speak naturally because I have the Portuguese Citizen card, Portuguese passport and everything...

You should move to Japan for a bit haha!
Yes, I have never lived in Portugal, I go to Madeira every year where my family is but other than 1 month a year, nothing!
Right, sorry, I didn't know that, thought you were raised in Portugal.

When you told me you were learning Portuguese in England I was like "that's odd".  :D