FC St. Gallen fans trip to Alvalade

*** Julho 31, 2008, 12:30 pm
Welcome to our forum, FCSG. It's nice to see that Sporting has fans from other countries, you seem to have gained interest for Sporting since it shares some similarities with your local team, FC St. Gallen. The same happens with me, in Portugal I'm supporter of Sporting but I also like Celtic FC, because they also share some similarities with Sporting.

I hope you have a nice stay in Portugal, and besides watching the exhibition game Sporting v PSV, I advise you to explore the city of Lisbon, which is a very beautiful city. If you have time, of course. I would personally recomend Belem, which has nice monuments from the manueline era, which is a type of gothic architecture, Parque das Nações, the zone of the old Expo 98, and Bairro Alto, Rossio, which is an old part os the city... any of these are nice places to visit.

well, theres only one problem: we are going tomorrow for three days to lagos. so if we want go to your match, we have to come back to lisboa, miss the night in our hotel because theres no train back in the evenings and we have to look for a cheap place where we can stay for a night...

so this is our story... can somebody help us? we are 2 person who want to see this match...
please write if you have any idea where we can sleep or could lend us a room for a night, etc...

thx

Check this: http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Lisbon/ChosenCountry.Portugal
* Julho 31, 2008, 14:50 pm
Welcome to our forum, FCSG. It's nice to see that Sporting has fans from other countries, you seem to have gained interest for Sporting since it shares some similarities with your local team, FC St. Gallen. The same happens with me, in Portugal I'm supporter of Sporting but I also like Celtic FC, because they also share some similarities with Sporting.

I hope you have a nice stay in Portugal, and besides watching the exhibition game Sporting v PSV, I advise you to explore the city of Lisbon, which is a very beautiful city. If you have time, of course. I would personally recomend Belem, which has nice monuments from the manueline era, which is a type of gothic architecture, Parque das Nações, the zone of the old Expo 98, and Bairro Alto, Rossio, which is an old part os the city... any of these are nice places to visit.

well, theres only one problem: we are going tomorrow for three days to lagos. so if we want go to your match, we have to come back to lisboa, miss the night in our hotel because theres no train back in the evenings and we have to look for a cheap place where we can stay for a night...

so this is our story... can somebody help us? we are 2 person who want to see this match...
please write if you have any idea where we can sleep or could lend us a room for a night, etc...

thx

Check this: http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Lisbon/ChosenCountry.Portugal

hehe, we are very flexible... a night at a sporting fans home would be very funny...football discussions inclusive :beer:
****** Julho 31, 2008, 14:51 pm
Eles querem é uma noite à pala :lol:
“no small number of these whaling seamen belong to the Azores, where the outward bound Nantucket whalers frequently touch to augment their crews from the hardy peasants of those rocky shores.”
Herman Melville - Moby Dick
* Julho 31, 2008, 20:57 pm
Eles querem é uma noite à pala :lol:

Nobodz seems to be interested...  ??? :(
Agosto 25, 2008, 21:51 pm
An interesting game for you should be Sporting-PSV next saturday, it's our presentation game, and there will be sort of a party with special effects etc to introduce our players.

You can check our next games here

Enjoy your stay  :beer:

Hehe, thanks for your post... we (me and my girlfriend) have checked the offical site, but we didnt find this information...  ;)

We wrote in our first posting, that our club is also green-white, so we also could swapping our fan scarfs, if somebodys interested...  :D

Here a picture from our guys ... Hopp FCSG!

you look exactly like us guys!! awesome :o

have your away shirts at the ready, you'll need 'em! LOL
Caneira, Rochemback, Viana...e já agora porque não o Duscher também!?
* Agosto 25, 2008, 22:03 pm
No, no... there is a difference: ;)

Agosto 25, 2008, 22:54 pm
LOL

not that different!

oh, and our numbers on the back are black on a white patch! but they used to be like that in old times, right on top of the stripes...
* Agosto 26, 2008, 00:36 am
LOL

not that different!

oh, and our numbers on the back are black on a white patch! but they used to be like that in old times, right on top of the stripes...

Ours are white on a green patch. ???
“Existem lendas que nos fazem imaginar, mas melhor é VIVER a realidade. O leão sempre foi e sempre será o REI... Esforço, Dedicação, Devoção e Glória!” — Marcelo Boeck
Agosto 26, 2008, 16:17 pm
oh yeah, Luisito, i was thinking of last year's uniform...the black one.

yes, white on a green patch.
* Agosto 26, 2008, 16:52 pm

Two years ago. Last year was exactly the same as the new one. ;D
“Existem lendas que nos fazem imaginar, mas melhor é VIVER a realidade. O leão sempre foi e sempre será o REI... Esforço, Dedicação, Devoção e Glória!” — Marcelo Boeck
* Agosto 27, 2008, 15:13 pm

Is it possible to buy a FCSG shirt? If so, how much does it cost?

«Opiniões divergentes não significam ataques pessoais»
Agosto 27, 2008, 17:17 pm

Two years ago. Last year was exactly the same as the new one. ;D

remember, back in the mid-90's, we used to have one just like theirs. white numbers on top of the stripes-

i think around 1997 maybe.
****** Agosto 27, 2008, 18:42 pm

I saw it on their website, http://shop.fcsg.ch/abashop?i=7CxsAgLHNaUv9zxxQSSj&s=37&p=productdetail&sku=3904, it costs 100 CHF, that's 62€.
“no small number of these whaling seamen belong to the Azores, where the outward bound Nantucket whalers frequently touch to augment their crews from the hardy peasants of those rocky shores.”
Herman Melville - Moby Dick
* Agosto 27, 2008, 19:23 pm

I saw it on their website, http://shop.fcsg.ch/abashop?i=7CxsAgLHNaUv9zxxQSSj&s=37&p=productdetail&sku=3904, it costs 100 CHF, that's 62€.

Right, its cheaper than yours ...

* Agosto 27, 2008, 19:48 pm
No, no... there is a difference:

Guilty...

:-[

Hehe, no worries... i hope that i can again go Portugal... (next year i have to go to Vancouver...)...

this would be a chance for bringing some FCSG articles to the southwest...  ;)
Agosto 27, 2008, 22:30 pm
No, no... there is a difference:

official football tees are too expensive!

just go to an Indian shop and get one for 10/15 euro! :D

Guilty...

:-[

Hehe, no worries... i hope that i can again go Portugal... (next year i have to go to Vancouver...)...

this would be a chance for bringing some FCSG articles to the southwest...  ;)
*** Setembro 02, 2008, 11:17 am
Hey together...

We are going to visit Portugal tomorrow and of course we want to see a game of Sporting. This is because we are swiss football fans from FC St. Gallen (our club has been relegated to 2. Division last season  :'(). Our colours are also green-white and we play in "Celtic"-Style-Shirts like you  ;) May be you also know, that your legend Krassimir Balakov was our coach last year...

So now our question: Are there any amical games of Sporting in the period between tomorrow and the 3th of August. Its very difficult to find these information if you cant speak portuguese... We hope that someone can help us and who knows... we could also drinking beer together and have a lot of fun... football discussions, etc...  ;)

Thanks and greetings from your swiss forum user...

Today: ST GALLEN 0 - WERDER BREMEN 4

Bom empate...Good Draw! :P
www.bandeiraverdeebranca.blogspot.com
Sócio 18.171
"Mais vale um dia de Leão..Que uma vida de Carneiro"

1997-2010   13 anos de gemellagio SPORTING-FIORENTINA...Per sempre insieme, unica fede!
DAI VIOLA !
* Maio 04, 2009, 12:56 pm
Up!

Could you help me? Im thinking about visiting Lisboa again for your last game vs. Nacional. I noticed, that its on Sunday.. but i didnt find the exact time for kickoff? Is there a real chance to flyhome at the same night) Doesnt matter if not, I probably would leave on Monday... ;)
« Última modificação: Maio 04, 2009, 13:02 pm por FCSG »
* Maio 04, 2009, 13:58 pm
Up!

Could you help me? Im thinking about visiting Lisboa again for your last game vs. Nacional. I noticed, that its on Sunday.. but i didnt find the exact time for kickoff? Is there a real chance to flyhome at the same night) Doesnt matter if not, I probably would leave on Monday... ;)
Well, usually, the last matches are all at the same time on the same day, except if there will be no importance at all, which seems that will be the case this season, FCP is one match away from the title, and Sporting almost on second.
OTOH, televisions never open the game, definitive match times are only know one week before.
So, it will be difficult to know if the match will begin at 4 pm on May 24, or in any other day and time.
One thing for sure though, if it does not rain, and it is probable that it does not, it will be rather hot, as far as weather is concerned.
All you have to do is post here, and you will probably meet some of us.

Check
The area still looks as in this map. The old stadium area is still being used as parking. Most forum members meet either in the shopping inside the stadium, or in the small bars outside, which you must visit, otherwise it would be a shame. «Boia Verde», on R. Cipriano Dourado, «O Magriço» on R. Francisco Stromp, «Academia», also on R. Francisco Stromp, are some were forum members meet.

But do post here, closer to the match, and we will surely organize something on your behalf.